Oral Cancer Screenings
Our office is not only dedicated to your smile; we’re also dedicated to your overall wellness. With that in mind, Dr. Heller includes a thorough oral cancer screening as a part of your regular exam. Like other cancers, oral cancer can be life-threatening if not diagnosed and treated early.
We have the skills and tools to identify early signs and symptoms of oral cancer and pre-cancerous conditions. While these symptoms may be caused by other, less serious problems, it is very important to visit our office regularly to rule out the possibility of oral cancer.
The most common symptoms of oral cancer include:
- Red or white spots or sores anywhere in the oral cavity
- A sore that bleeds easily or does not heal
- A lump, thickening, or rough spot
- Pain, tenderness, or numbness anywhere in the mouth or on the lips
- Difficulty chewing, swallowing, speaking, or moving the jaw or tongue
If you are experiencing any of these problems please contact us right away to schedule an examination.